Help Create Synergies Across Operating Companies and Deploy Capital with South African SMEs in the FMCG and Agribusiness Sector
Our impact investing private equity fund is looking to hire a head of synergies--with some M&E work, as well. At Secha Capital, we provide patient capital to established African SMEs in the "missing middle"; address the management gap by joining the management team; reach full potential via our accelerator toolkit.
Head of Synergies Associate Role
DEVELOP PROFESSIONAL SKILLS
Get On-The-Ground Training in Management Roles:
- Serve as “Head of Synergies” across Secha operating companies
- Implement strategic initiatives with SME teams and Secha MDs
- Up-skill founder and SME team
LIVE THE ENTREPRENEUR JOURNEY
Understand the mind-set and pain points of founders and CEOs; Advise & mentor the next great SA companies:
- Get On-The-Ground Training in Management Roles
- Grow SA SMEs; create value and jobs
- See the hard work & execution required “after the slides”
The Associate Leading Operating Company Synergies Will:
- Execute growth / improvement opportunities in Secha’s portfolio of operating companies: This requires day-to-day work with the opco management teams to design and execute projects (e.g. reporting, sales force effectiveness, channel prioritization, route-to-market upgrade, pricing, etc.)
- Identify and size value-add opportunities across opco portfolio
- Develop and transfer tools / skills to operating company management team in order to ensure smooth management of growth phase
You Will Also Perform M&E for the “Blended Capital” Project
- Identify, track and scale impact KPIs (aka manage beneficiary monitoring database systems)
- Obtain buy-in from operating companies in order to document results of the blended capital project
- Ensure quality & relevance of the project’s M&E design
- Monitor execution through strong governance and project management
What We Look for in Candidates:
- Interest in a mission-driven company
- Knowledge of consumer-facing industries
- Problem definition and structuring
- Analysis (excel)
- Synthesis of findings / developing recommendations
- Communication – verbal & written (PowerPoint)
- Teamwork; M&E experience a bonus
Our Associates Come from the Best & Go on to Great Things! Prestigious VC/PE Firms, VC-Backed Start-ups, Big 3 Consulting
SECHA INVESTMENTS TO DATE: 3 of ~10-15
- Plant-based natural hair and body care for ethnic women nativechild.co
- A packaged biltong that South African can be proud of stoffelbergbiltong.com
- Quality, affordable fashionable white and private-label shoes geestep.co.za - bklyn.co.za
Secha Capital, founded by two former Bain consultants, is a patient capital impact holding company which provides investment and human capital support to established South African SMEs in the FMCG and agribusiness space.
Secha invests in South African SMEs at a growth inflection point and then take operational roles for nine months in order to install a scalable strategy and embed a comprehensive set of management capabilities to accelerate growth and reach full potential.
Our mandate is both financial returns (20%+ IRR) and impact (specifically, job creation). The team has already helped grow its first three investments, nativechild, Stoffelberg Biltong and Geestep.
For more information, please see additional links to:
If interested, feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject heading - "Secha Capital, Head of Synergies Role".