Odrin (www.Odrin.com) is a fast-growing professional menswear company based in Johannesburg, South Africa. Our goal is to provide the most convenient and desirable shopping experience for men in Africa, and ultimately globally. We design and manufacture most of what we sell, and our business provides convenient shopping experience for busy professional men. Our customers love that they can find high-quality items that suit their style online or get advice from stylists at our flagship store in Johannesburg.
Odrin is founded by Taire Avbovbo, a Nigerian passionate about fashion and dressing well. Originally an engineer, Taire worked on this idea while in business school at Harvard, and finally left McKinsey 2 years ago to do this full-time.
Our team at Odrin is made up of passionate customer service advocates who are reimagining the way professional men shop for clothing. We’re scrappy, strategic, versatile, hardworking and committed to being the best at what we do. Our commitment to our customers has yielded tremendous value within our first 18 months of operation. We are just getting started and we’re looking for the right people to continue growing.
About the Role
Odrin is looking to add a Chief Operating Officer to its senior management team to lead the business as it enters its growth phase. Ideal candidates will have 5 years’ operational background as a business consultant, ecommerce, business development or investment banking executive with experience in sales, finance, business strategy and recruitment in a top, globally recognized firm. Preferred candidates will have a degree from a top, globally recognized business school.
What will you do?
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to –
· Plan, develop and implement business strategy for entire organization and individual departments (operations, marketing, finance, etc.)
· Prepare company-wide budgets, manage and control departmental expenditure within agreed budgets, and monitor / control working capital spend/needs
· Develop and codify internal processes required to enable delivery of our customer promise
· Manage marketing team including design and implementation of online and offline marketing strategy with focus on sales conversion, company awareness and branding
· Manage manufacturing process to ensure quality output and efficient addition of products to our portfolio
· Recruit and develop talent
What personal skills are we looking for?
· Someone who is excited about the product, the business and what we’re trying to achieve
· An independent thinker who can hit the ground running with limited supervision
· Ability to organize efficiently, communicate clearly and be reliable with deadlines
· A data-driven decision maker who is passionate about driving things to completion
· A self-starter who takes initiative to assist the team wherever there is a need
· A unique education in launching and scaling a new retail concept in Africa and globally
· Become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
· An attractive salary package
· Unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of business leaders who will bring change to the industry, country and continent
Join the journey!
We are looking for enthusiasts who are excited about changing the face of the retail market
Please email email@example.com if interested!