icolo.io has been established with the vision of building a Pan African net-work of co-location data centers. icolo.io builds and operate state-of-the-art (Tier 3), vendor and carrier neutral data centers to serve a broad spectrum of clients, telecom carriers, ISPs and peering points, IT and cloud providers, content providers and corporates.
The company has hyper connected data centre hubs in their countries of operations. It will differentiate itself from providers of hosting services by being the first independent data centre business to focus solely on co-location services (space, power availability licenses and physical interconnects). It is icolo.io’s objective to be the largest independent co-location data centre operator in Africa over the next five years.
We are seeking a highly skilled Corporate Development Manager keen to work in a startup environment, understands data centers and technology, and wants to be part of a great story.
The role advises the CEO and senior leadership team on a range of topics including growth strategy, competitive analysis and future trends.The position is based in Nairobi, Kenya. This is a unique opportunity for individuals who are enthusiastic and passionate about the data center industry in Africa and have a drive to make a difference. We are looking for top performers seeking a high-impact, high-visibility position and the ability to influence the future course of icolo.io.
- Researches and analyzes the African data center industry, market segments, and business models. Evaluates the merits of alternatives and presents findings to executive management.
- Responsible for underwriting and development of business cases to evaluate data centres, new market and/or new product opportunities.
- Evaluates potential corporate development opportunities (e.g. by providing strategic due diligence, financial statement analyses, financial modelling, and returns analyses) and monitors existing strategic initiatives.
- Collects, manages, and analyzes global competitive market data for the organisation to provide support and insight to the management team.
- Identifies and interprets trends and patterns in datasets to locate influences.
- Provides recommendations and strategic/tactical plans based on business data and market knowledge.
- Creates specifications for reports and analysis based on business needs and data elements.
- Supports activities for the development of strategic market and product line business cases to support performance and growth in target market segments.
- Provides and delivers strategic data analysis, insights and presentations to senior leadership and functional teams.
- Is able to build a sales pipeline of new customers who could be potential tenants of a new data center and follow up in converting sales leads into contracts.
- Identifies, cultivates and analyzes qualitative and quantitative data in the external competitive market as well as from within the organization (e.g. financials) to sup-port business needs.
- Updates data from multiple sources on a regular basis to provide information to management to make strategic business decisions.
- Support, lead, and direct both quantitative and qualitative investment case analyses, including valuation (e.g. comparables, discounted cash flow, internal rate of return), projected synergy cases, and strategic rationale.
- Guide and support business units in preparing and presenting investment cases, including board-level presentations.
- Willing to travel in the region to build new opportunities for icolo.io for new builds of data centers in Africa. Be prepared to spend extended period of time in these countries.
- Brand Ambassador for the company
Required Skills and Experience
- 4+ years of relevant work experience with some experience in an investment bank-ing, private equity, cloud/data Center sales, management consulting, or corporate environment with meaningful acquisition and/or investment activity.
- Experience would specifically include analyzing new business opportunities and participating in acquisition, strategic investment, partnership, alliance or other related types of discussions.
- Demonstrated success in working with “C” level executives, senior business leaders and executives, and professional stakeholders, whether internal or external.
- Strong managerial finance/accounting understanding is required.
- Specific experience in new business case development, financial modeling, and execution is preferred.
- Technology industry knowledge is a requirement.
- Superior writing and verbal communication skills including developing presentations for executive audiences to communicate and achieve buy-in for strategic recommendations.
- Education: BA/BS degree; MBA is a plus.
Interested applicants should e-mail Zainab Daham at email@example.com.