Deadline: 5pm (GMT+1) on Friday 16th March 2018
Sahel Capital Agribusiness Managers Limited is a leading private equity firm focused exclusively on the Nigerian agribusiness sector and is fund manager of the Fund for Agricultural Finance in Nigeria (“FAFIN”), a US$66 million agribusiness focused private equity fund. For more information please view: www.sahelcp.com/sahel-capital-agribusiness-managers-limited/.
Sahel Capital is seeking an outstanding candidate to work as a Summer Associate at our offices in Lagos, Nigeria. The Associate will work closely with Sahel’s investment team on a specific agribusiness project, while also assisting in all aspects of the investment process related to ongoing transactions. The Summer Associate will:
- Conduct market, industry, and company research related to investment opportunities;
- Screen and evaluate potential investment opportunities consistent with global private equity best practices and fund investment guidelines;
- Prepare investment proposals and memoranda; and
- Support senior professionals on other company initiatives.
Timing: Minimum 2-month commitment onsite in Lagos, Nigeria, the summer of 2018.
Preferred Candidate Qualifications
- Currently enrolled in a top-tier MBA program;
- Strong communication and analytical skills;
- Prior experience working in one or more of the following areas – agribusiness, private equity, investment banking, SME development, and management consulting;
- Prior experience working in an African country is an advantage; and
- Candidate should have a long-term career interest to work in West Africa.
Qualified candidates should send their CVs and Cover Letters to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: “Summer Associate” before 5pm (GMT+1) on Friday 16th March 2018.