Deadline: 5pm (GMT+1) on Friday 16th March 2018
About Sahel Capital Partners & Advisory Limited
Sahel Capital Partners & Advisory Limited (SCPAL) is a leading management consulting firm focused on the agricultural and nutrition sectors in Africa. We partner with government agencies, private sector companies and leading international development organizations to conduct research, analyze policies, develop strategies and implement programs that promote sustainable food security and improved nutrition. We have worked on a variety of projects across West Africa, including in Benin, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Mali, Nigeria, and Senegal.
Sahel provides a wide array of services including: Value Chain Analysis, Policy Analysis, Market Entry / Strategy Consulting, Agribusiness Training and Project Implementation
The Consultant / SC position is for experienced practitioners with a passion for agriculture. Consultants and SCs have the opportunity to lead small engagements or workstreams as part of larger engagements with clients across the public, private and social sector and across multiple value chains to make a tangible impact to the agriculture and nutrition sector in Africa.
In this role, you will be required to fulfill the following primary responsibilities:
- Ensure timely and high quality implementation of Sahel Capital-led projects, including planning, coordination of, and reporting of project activities.
- Oversee the work of junior Sahel Capital employees and contractors to successfully deliver on projects’ objectives
- Prepare PowerPoint and Word reports summarizing research and analyses and developing recommendations for the client.
- Support senior management on other Sahel Capital initiatives as requested.
- Led proposal writing and business development efforts
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements:
We are looking for candidates with a passion for agriculture exhibiting leadership skills, are driven, and self-starters. Below are key qualifications we are looking for:
- Masters in Agriculture, Business, Economics or related discipline
- At least 3-4 years of professional experience
- Experience in overseeing teams
- Strong program management skills and high level of analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (both written and verbal), interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Willingness to travel (required)
- Past consulting or advisory experience is an advantage
Qualified candidates should send their CVs and Cover Letters to email@example.com with subject: “Consultant / Senior Consultant” before 5pm (GMT+1) on Friday 16th March 2018.