Providence Equity Partners is a leading global asset management firm with approximately $50 billion in assets under management and a broad range of investment strategies in private equity and credit platforms. Providence Equity, founded in 1989, makes traditional buyout, growth equity and growth buyout investments in North America, Europe and emerging markets focused in the media, communication, education and information sectors. In its 27 year history, Providence Equity has closed seven private equity funds and has invested in more than 150 companies. Providence Equity Partners is headquartered in Providence, RI and also has offices in New York, and London. Providence Strategic Growth (PSG), formed in 2014, is a growth equity fund targeting software and technology-enabled service companies in the lower middle market. With a team of twenty-five investment professionals and eight senior advisors, they have executed 25 portfolio company acquisitions on top of 90+ add-on acquisitions representing $1.4bn in total capital invested.
PSG is focused on encouraging motivated young women to apply to their proven and diverse internship program.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Take lead role in processing new investment opportunities to include market assessment, competitive positioning, initial underwriting and deal structuring and pitching deals internally to PEP’s investment committee.
- Conduct diligence efforts on pursued deals, including business diligence, risk underwriting and managing external advisors.
- Oversight and review of building of financial models to support deal underwriting in deal structuring efforts.
- Demonstrate business judgement to develop influential insight, and communicate decisions in clear, concise and logical manner.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis to support transaction negotiations.
- Provide support to portfolio companies.
- Work collaboratively as a member of the deal team. Support and advise junior associates in modeling and other aspects of deal processing.
- Approximately 4 years of pre-MBA experience (Exposure in private equity and/or an investment bank or management consulting firm is preferred but not required).
- Exposure to financial modeling, financial statement analysis and valuation skills.
- Track record of outstanding academic performance.
- Highly motivated and self-starter with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Qualified candidates should send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org; applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.