Quona Capital is a venture capital firm investing in financial technology companies targeting the underbanked in emerging markets. We back innovators enhancing the quality and availability of financial products and services for underserved consumers and enterprises through business model innovation, technology utilization, and a passion for making a positive change in the world. Quona is the investment manager of the $141 million Accion Frontier Inclusion Fund, whose investors include global insurance companies, major investment banks, pension funds, university endowments, a global payments company, and leading family offices.
Quona brings together a diverse team of investment professionals with deep experience in financial technology, emerging markets, and entrepreneurship. Our team has lived, worked, and built companies in both the emerging markets we serve and the developed economies we seek to connect. Quona is focused on specific markets in Latin America, Asia, and Sub-Saharan Africa and leverages a strategic relationship with Accion International, a global leader in financial inclusion.
We are currently recruiting two Summer Investment Associates who will be based in Washington, DC. This specific role will be focused on supporting Quona's investment and portfolio strategy in Africa, with the other position focused on Latin America.
The role is highly entrepreneurial, spanning emerging market venture investing, consulting, and entrepreneurship, with a focus on cutting edge innovation in financial inclusion. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work on live deals and provide support to portfolio companies, and will work with the team to define a meaningful project and deliverable (e.g., investment thesis development, portfolio company project) to complete during the internship period.
The minimum length of the program is ten weeks, with a target start date in May 2018.
- Currently enrolled in an MBA or similar advanced degree program.
- Relevant experience in investment banking, venture capital, private equity, or management consulting. Startup experience also a plus.
- Advanced financial modeling, strategy analytics, and communication skills.
- Utmost enthusiasm for technology, entrepreneurship, and business learning.
- Strong diligence skills. Ability to quickly evaluate the key questions, risks, or upsides to an opportunity, prioritize and execute to flesh out these issues.
- Domain expertise in financial technology or financial inclusion.
- Emerging market knowledge or experience.
- French language skills a plus.
Please apply to the Summer Investment Associate (Africa) position on the HBS job portal, or send your resume to Efayomi Carr at Efayomi@quona.com