Providence Equity Partners (“PEP”) is a leading global asset management firm with approximately $50 billion in assets under management and a broad range of investment strategies in private equity and credit platforms. Providence Equity, founded in 1989, makes traditional buyout, growth equity and growth buyout investments in North America, Europe and emerging markets focused in the media, communication, education and information sectors. In its 27 year history, Providence Equity has closed seven private equity funds, most recently PEP VII at $5 billion, and has invested in more than 150 companies. Providence Strategic Growth (“PSG”), formed in 2014, is a growth equity fund targeting software and technology-enabled service companies in the lower middle market. With a team of twenty-four investment professionals and four senior advisors, they have executed 21 portfolio company acquisitions on top of 72 add-on acquisitions representing $1.1bn in total capital invested. Benefit Street Partners, the firm’s growing credit affiliate, was founded in 2008 and currently manages approximately $25 billion in AUM. Providence Equity Partners is headquartered in Providence, RI and also has offices in New York and London.
Providence Public is a newly formed (first investment made June, 2017) fund investing in public equities. At present the fund manages internal capital – building a track-record ahead of a future external fund raise. The Providence Public team has its own investment process, which leverages PEP and PSG’s industry expertise.
Work directly with the portfolio manager of Providence Public in all areas of fund management, with responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Assisting in due diligence of potential fund investments, including market assessment, competitive positioning and general business diligence
- Participating in calls with management and industry consultants
- Building financial models
- Helping in the creation of memos for the Investment Committee
- Assist in monitoring fundamentals / investment thesis at current portfolio companies
- Work collaboratively as a member of Providence Public, vetting ideas with the portfolio manager and other members of PEP and PSG
- At least 3 years of pre-MBA professional experience including experience at a private equity fund, hedge fund or long only asset manager or a combination of investment banking and the aforementioned experience
- Track record of outstanding academic performance
- Exceptional financial modeling, financial statement analysis and valuation skills
- Highly motivated with strong interpersonal and communication skills
Qualified candidates should send their CVs to email@example.com; applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.