Start date: Flexible; recruitment on a rolling basis.
About Open Capital Advisors
In 2010, we founded a management consulting and financial advisory firm that supports high-growth enterprises, innovative investors and industry-leading development partners to solve challenging problems in frontier markets. By offering deep, operationally-focused management support and creative strategic advice, we help open markets and transform industries. We have completed more than 300 engagements across dozens of industries spanning 20 countries in Africa. We are a global team of more than 50 full-time staff based in Nairobi, Kampala and Lusaka with experience from top global firms including the Boston Consulting Group, Credit Suisse, McKinsey, IFC and World Bank.
The Fellow Role
We continue to expand rapidly and are looking for exceptional staff to join our team in a 3 to 6-month role based in Nairobi. During this time, you will work closely on new initiatives and work alongside senior management while managing & mentoring our growing analyst team.
As a Fellow you will support analyst training and mentorship while they work on live projects across a range of high-growth industries and client types. Our model is especially focused on execution and implementation, and you will support analysts embedded directly at the client site, working with all levels of client staff.
You will join us at an exciting time – we are seeking to achieve broad, ambitious growth goals, and leverage our strong international brand in the impact investing and frontier market space. As we look to deepen our reach in the broader African market, there will continue to be many opportunities to engage in regional work. The right candidate should be excited and genuinely motivated by the challenging strategic, financial, and operational questions we answer for our clients.
Desired skills and experience
We are looking for exceptional leaders and executers who share our motivation and drive. Fellows should be able to manage analysts, perform excellent work, contribute fresh ideas, and take pleasure in the work we do. Our team is energetic and driven and we are quick to reward performance and initiative. We are open to Fellows with a variety of backgrounds, but top candidates will typically have the following:
- Several years of experience at a top global consulting firm, investment firm, bank, law firm, or experience as an entrepreneur or leader in a high-growth business, with significant responsibility for deliverables and client service;
- Strong communication skills and analytical abilities and insightful, structured way of presenting information;
- Ability to effectively work with clients at all levels and backgrounds; • Interest in guiding teams and mentoring our analysts & junior team members;
- Desire to work and live in Nairobi for at least 3 months and broader interest in the region;
- Multiple languages and previous Africa experience useful but not required;
We offer a stipend and assist in arranging logistics, including housing.
If you are interested, please apply here. We are recruiting on a rolling basis.