- Application Deadline: Rolling / Location: Nairobi, Kenya and Kampala, Uganda
- Joining Open Capital as a Project Leader: Start Dates in January-April and July–September 2018
Open Capital Advisors is a management consulting and financial advisory firm that works to advance African economies and build future generations of business leaders. We help businesses, investors, and development partners identify opportunities and develop unique, impactful solutions to achieve their objectives. This short video shares more about our day to day work and client base.
Since 2010, we have completed more than 200 engagements across 20 countries in Africa. Our team of over 50 is based in Nairobi, Kampala, and Lusaka, bringing experience from the world's top consultancies, private equity firms, investment banks, and development organizations including The Boston Consulting Group, Bain & Company, Citigroup, Credit Suisse, IFC, McKinsey, and The World Bank.
The Project Leader role
We continue to expand rapidly and are looking for exceptional staff to join our senior team in a 12-month minimum career-track role based in Nairobi. During this year, you will work closely with senior management to lead multiple client projects while managing & mentoring our junior team.
As a Project Leader you will support multiple live projects simultaneously across a range of high-growth industries and client types. Project Leaders work closely with our clients to develop business & industry strategies, structure capital raises, and address difficult operational challenges. Our work does not end with recommendations; in most projects, Open Capital teams oversee execution and implementation, working with all levels of client staff.
You will join Open Capital at an exciting time – we are seeking to achieve broad, ambitious growth goals, and leverage our strong international brand in the impact investing and frontier market space. As we look to deepen our reach in the broader African market, there will continue to be many opportunities to engage in project work regionally. The right candidate should be excited and genuinely motivated by the challenging strategic and financial questions we answer for our clients.
Desired skills and experience
We are looking for exceptional leaders and executers who share our motivation and drive. Project Leaders should be able to assume high levels of responsibility, perform excellent work, contribute fresh ideas, and take pleasure in the work we do. Our team is energetic and driven and we are quick to reward performance and initiative. We are open to Project Leaders with a variety of backgrounds but top candidates will typically have the following:
- Several years of experience at a top global consulting firm, investment firm, bank, law firm, or experience as an entrepreneur or leader in a high-growth business, with significant responsibility for deliverables and client service;
- Strong communication skills and analytical abilities and insightful, structured way of presenting information;
- Ability to effectively work with clients at all levels and backgrounds;
- Interest in guiding teams and mentoring our analysts & junior team members;
- Desire to work and live in Nairobi or Kampala for at least 12 months and broader interest in the region;
- Multiple languages and previous Africa experience useful but not required.
We offer a competitive package among similar frontier market firms. This includes base salary, an annual performance bonus, 2 flights home, health insurance, a local work permit, and a housing allowance for the first month in Kenya.
If you are interested please submit a resume and brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, including your preferred start timing. We are recruiting for start dates in January-April and July – September 2018 on a rolling basis.