Deadline: 21 April 2017
NB: UK Work Permit / residency is required
The role has two main components
- Investment Assessment & Portfolio Management: Assist the Investment Team in evaluation of new investment opportunities and support active portfolio management to maximise and deliver long term value to the shareholders of Virgin.
- Strategy & Business Development: Assist the Investment Team and Virgin Brand Team in reviewing existing Virgin businesses strategy and business development opportunities for the brand
This will be done primarily through:
- Assisting with specific projects and analysis related to portfolio companies and new investments
- Providing research and other general financial and analytical support to the various teams
- Participating in the collation and verification of information for management reporting purposes
The Intern will also be asked to coordinate and deliver specific projects and analysis related to portfolio companies and new investments.
- Education: Current MBA student
- Work experience: Prior professional experience in banking, investment, consulting or corporate finance is preferred
- Teamwork: History of personal commitment to, and enjoyment from, participating in team-based activities. Track record of being open, collaborative, dependable, and supportive in the long term interests of the team.
- Highly numerate individual, familiar with valuation and accounting concepts through previous professional or academic experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Good judgement and ability to view decisions objectively, carefully and accurately
- Well-organised with good people management and project management skills
- Self starter, highly motivated and able to work independently
- Intellectually curious; Strives to understand the essence of a situation, an industry or a business problem.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Commercial focus and entrepreneurial spirit
To apply, e-mail your resume and short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before 21 April 2017.