Lori Systems is a technology venture in Nairobi led by Harvard & MIT graduates. Backed by local & international investors and advisors, Lori is experiencing rapid growth.
Leveraging 3 years of research at Harvard and in-house developed technology, Lori has built a logistics platform that is revolutionising the cargo-transport value chain in Africa – from the ground up.
The relative cost of moving goods in the region is one of the highest in the world leading to up to 75% of a product’s cost going to logistics (compared to 6% in the US). Lori enables the logistics space to operate at an order of magnitude more efficiently than it does today.
Higher efficiency through Lori has been demonstrated to drive costs down which in turn is expected to create new jobs & stimulate overall economic development in a tangible way.
The Lori executive team is seeking a hands-on, versatile VP of Operations who can build, develop and lead an operations team through continuous challenges, while designing and structuring processes – all inside a dynamic and fast growing start-up environment. Crucial to this role is the ability and desire to get deep in the weeds as needed.
Competitive across global markets (blend of cash + equity)
What you will do
- Exponentially grow Lori’s transport capacity
- Fully own day-to-day complexities
- Get in the weeds to address numerous exceptions
- Create systems to optimise processes & work flows
- Leverage tech to increase efficiencies
- Liaison between exec, engineering & the field
- Monitor and improve service level metrics
- Recruit A-players to the team
- Develop longer term ops strategy
What you bring to the table
- Record of delivering results at a top firm
- 4+ years in a managerial logistics position
- Confidence, charisma, passion, inspiration
- Success translating processes to tech systems
- Bachelors in engineering, logistics or related field
- Excellent English communication skills
- Experience at a tech company
- Graduate degree in relevant field
- Experience in Emerging Market logistics
Qualified applicants are invited to email their CV to Lori HR at: firstname.lastname@example.org.