Flint Atlantic is a growing and dynamic healthcare focused social impact investment and advisory firm. Occupying a unique niche in an exciting industry in Africa, the firm targets investments in innovative companies with demonstrated potential for large scale social and financial returns. The current team combines deep sector experience with technical investment knowledge and strong public and private sector links in Nigeria and across Africa.
Summer Associate Job Description
Reporting to the Vice President and Principal positions, the Summer Associate will be a core member of the team. Responsibilities will vary and may include activities in both the investment and advisory sides of the business. Investment side activities will include identifying new investment opportunities, conducting investment due-ˇdiligence, conducting primary research on industry trends, supporting the entrepreneurial ecosystem and assisting with fund administration and reporting. On the advisory side, the Summer Associate may be involved in portfolio company operations and consulting type projects to prepare potential investment targets.
The Summer Associate can expect to spend time primarily in Lagos and Abuja, Nigeria. Travel to other cities within and outside Nigeria may also be necessary.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with a top PE or VC firm, top tier investment bank, or management consulting
- Experience interfacing with LP investors and communicating with investment committees would be a plus
- Some experience or demonstrated strong interest in the Healthcare Industry and/or social impact investing
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity, creativity, tenacity in analysis, attention to detail and accountability for results.
- Excellent ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously in fast paced, growth environment.
- Well-developed analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills;; the ability to uncover and synthesize large amounts of data and information from primary and secondary research, and develop and present sound and accurate conclusions
- Strong financial modeling, ratio analysis and valuation skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative discipline
- Relevant Masters’ degree or CFA qualification a plus
Interested applicants should contact Nneka Ezeigwe directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.