2018 Summer MBA Fellow at Nairobi Tech Venture
The Company Lori is building the cutting-edge logistics infrastructure for trucking in Africa. The startup is using advanced technology and operational systems to tackle a massive issue - $180 billion is spent annually on haulage across Africa, which means that up to 75% of a product’s cost is due to logistics (compared to 6% in the US).
Lori’s tech-enabled logistics optimization system is driving a new-age supply chain management system and has already realized significantly improved flexibility, reliability, and significant cost savings (savings upwards of 15%, which reduces the prices of goods for consumers).
The market demand for Lori’s platform is increasing exponentially and the company has achieved a 30% month over month growth since system launch in May. To continue driving this pace of growth, Lori has raised capital from institutional and strategic investors from the continent/world. The company recently won TechCrunch’s Battlefield Africa.
The team is led by a team of nerds obsessed with revolutionizing logistics in Africa and executing on their vision:
- Gichini Ngaruiya, CTO: Y Combinator, co-founder/CTO of E la Carte (raised $50mm+), MIT CS, Kenyan native
- Josh Sandler, CEO: industrialization + logistics wonk, Harvard MBA/MPA-ID, South African native
- Fredrik Johansson, COO: former COO of $80mm Swedish supply chain co, Masters in Eng (thesis in Tanzania)
Lori is seeking a hands-on Summer MBA Fellow to be a key member of our platform. The role will require significant autonomy in the execution of strategy. The Fellow will leverage their experiences to drive business expansion and optimization - all inside an exciting, dynamic and fast growing start-up environment. Crucial to this role is persistence and commitment.
What you will do
- Hustle hard
- Execute on commitments without excuses
- Develop relationships at all levels within customer organizations and government agencies
- Analyze new markets and offerings
- Enhance finance processes
- Contribute to the design of our next-generation logistics system
What you bring to the table
- Track record of delivering results at a top company
- Experience interacting with multiple stakeholders at all levels
- Pursuing MBA degree from top university
- Exceptional communicator
- Confidence, charisma, passion; ability to inspire
- Deep interests in East Africa Preferred Experience
- > 4 years Finance, Operations and/or Logistics industry experience
- Degree in engineering
Qualified applicants are invited to email their CV to Lori HR at: firstname.lastname@example.org