Schulze Global is an American private investment firm focused on the world’s most dynamic frontier markets. Schulze Global manages several hundred million dollars of investments across various markets in Asia and Africa and works in partnership with some of the world’s most prestigious institutional investors. Schulze Global is the pioneer of private equity investing in Ethiopia having raised the first country-focused private equity fund in 2013 and has had a local team operating since 2008. The firm has made growth equity investments in Ethiopia across a variety of industries including food processing, construction, pharmaceuticals, coffee, education, and dairy.
2018 MBA Summer Associate Program
Schulze Global Investments, a frontier market focused private equity firm, is offering an exciting internship opportunity based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The MBA Summer Associate program is part of Schulze Global’s strategy of identifying and developing potential talent for the growing private equity industry in Africa.
Position Objective & Representative Responsibilities
The Summer Associate program is designed for promising young professionals who have a passion to work in the world’s dynamic frontier markets and have a specific desire to pursue a career in Africa’s burgeoning private equity industry. The Summer Associate will get hands-on experience in both deal sourcing and portfolio management by working very closely with seasoned private equity practitioners.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist in portfolio company management through multiple aspects of operational value-add.
- Prepare investment memorandums and portfolio company updates for Investment Committee.
- Assist in deal sourcing activities and comprehensive due diligence on target companies.
- Research and evaluate new investment ideas for multiple sectors which meet investment objectives and portfolio requirements.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Candidates must be graduate students in the fields of finance, business, or economics.
- Prior work experience in private equity, investment banking or strategy consulting preferred.
- Good communication and writing skills required.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment is essential.
- Candidates are expected to possess strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
The internship is unpaid, but the firm will cover accommodation and offer a transportation allowance in Addis Ababa.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume with a cover letter to email@example.com no later than February 15, 2018.