DukaConnect.com is building the first fully-mobile Artificial Intelligence platform for traditional retail, beginning in Africa. We are headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya and San Francisco, CA. We share a collective desire to utilize technology to transform the lives of billions of people who continue to lack access to it. DukaConnect started its prototyping journey in 2016 and we are now fine-tuning our neural networks ready for product launch in early 2018. We are united by our dream of transforming trade in emerging markets to bring out its full potential. Our founding team consists of Harvard, Stanford and MIT alumni who together have previously built successful companies in Africa and the US and have deep expertise in the traditional retail and machine learning. We are backed by top-tier European, African, and US VC investors as well as the Stanford StartX accelerator.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to join our Commercial team in Nairobi. Your principal role at the company will be to establish and grow business relationships with fast moving consumer goods manufacturers (FMCG) and other third parties that support and plug into our retail ecosystem.
- Build relationships and establish partnerships with FMCGs and other potential partners to grow our business
- Design and create products for our partners in collaboration with the technical team
- Analyze and present data to derive key business insights for our partners and product team
- Provide day to day relationship management to our partners
- Develop and implement company strategy in partnership with the team
- Strong business relationship building and network development capability
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Comfortable in working in a dynamic and challenging start up environment
- Demonstrated passion in driving change and economic growth in emerging markets
- Strong team player
- Ability to travel and work across different African markets
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree
- Demonstrated track record of excellence
- Previous work experience in the FMCG space a plus
Reporting: The role reports directly to the CEO and works closely with the co-founders.
Compensation: This is a key role in our executive team with cash and significant equity compensation.
Expected Start Date: ASAP
Application Instructions: Email firstname.lastname@example.org.