Have you always dreamed of investing in – and working with – the most exciting SME’s in East and Southern Africa? Do you have solid track record of prior investing experience?
AHL Venture Partners – one of the premier African venture capital impact investment firms – is looking to hire a new senior portfolio manager to work out of our Nairobi office. In this role you will help our team originate and vet new investment opportunities across East and Southern Africa, help manage our existing portfolio of investments and assist in the progress of our new AHL Growth Fund. This job is ideal for a highly personable, detail-oriented, number-loving person who will roll up their sleeves along side our investees, with approximately 8 to 10 years of investing-related experience.
About AHL Venture Partners:
AHL Venture Partners is headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with regional presence in Nairobi, Accra and Lusaka. The firm manages two funds, investing in early and growth stage SMEs capable of delivering impact at scale alongside healthy financial return. The primary thematic focus areas for investments are financial services, agribusiness, energy access, and management education.
Role and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will play a key role in AHL’s impact investment activities in East and Southern Africa. Responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring, developing and executing remediation and value creation strategies for current portfolio companies;
- Sourcing high potential opportunities for equity, debt and mezzanine investment;
- Coordinating and managing the full cycle investment process as a valued member of the Nairobi investment team;
- Building and maintaining a systematic contact network and relationships with key counterparties in East and Southern Africa (entrepreneurs, professional services, government, regulators, other investment funds / family offices and co-investors).
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Eight to ten years of relevant and high quality professional experience in industry, impact investment, private equity or advisory / consultancy;
- Outstanding analytical, presentation and interpersonal skills;
- Business development mindset and strong executor;
- Prior experience working in East/Southern Africa;
Interested applicants with the relevant experience should apply including a cover letter and current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.