Start date: Immediately
Motorcycle taxis are immensely popular and serve as the lifeblood of many cities in Africa, but they are extremely unsafe and disorganized. SafeBoda is a pre-series A Ugandan-based tech startup on a mission to make motorcycle taxis (bodas) more safe, affordable, and convenient across Sub-Saharan Africa—while providing a more meaningful and lucrative career for drivers. And we think we have a shot to build a very valuable company in the process. Backed by the Shell Foundation, Development Innovation Ventures USAID, the Global Innovation Fund, and an angel tech investor, SafeBoda is well off to the races: we have nailed the driver-side model with 1000+ drivers, growing at 8% week-on-week over the last 6 months, and we are looking to better monetize our ~20,000 trips in Kampala per day.
Head of Business Development
SafeBoda is looking for a Head of Business Development to help ensure SafeBoda is the most innovative company in the transportation space in Africa. The ideal candidate will have both strong consulting experience and start-up skills. The Head of Business Development will work closely with the founders and will play a pivotal role in shaping the company’s future. The Head of Business Development requires a high-level of multi-tasking skills and start-up hustle to execute in a fast growing start-up.
What we are looking for
- 3+ years of experience in Management Consulting, Business, or at a Start-up is preferred. Experiences such as successful entrepreneurial projects or leading a partnership engagement is ideal
- Proven leadership ability
- Ability to structure problems, prioritize them, and then get things independently done
- Detail-oriented with superior organizational and problem-solving skills - balancing multiple projects, deadlines, and requests should be second nature to you
- Supreme communication skills both written and spoken and ability to communicate solutions to complex problems will be essential
- Data-driven and analytical
- Flexibility, positivity and ability to enjoy new environments
- At a minimum strong undergraduate degree with demonstrated strong academic performance
- Excitement for SafeBoda and what we are trying to achieve in urban transportation in Africa
- Build, organize and manage Safeboda’s Government, Business and Research partnerships amongst other projects.
- Hands-on support on a number of projects such as building a road safety initiative, structuring a driver training program with our partners and supporting the analysis on the impact of SafeBoda on the community
- Work with a diverse range of public, private and international industry leaders in a number of different sectors to innovate and improve SafeBoda’s business and impact
- Join the Senior Management Team that reports to the Co-Founders
Send your CV and an email introducing yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org.